Saturday 17 April 2010

Burda Magazine 03/2010-111

Pattern Description: 
Kimono style dress with obi belt.
Technical drawing
From the Burda website: The softly draping fabric and casual cut take the edge off this sexy tiger-print dress - otherwise the men wouldn't stand a chance. The obi belt of a contrasting print draws attention to your waist.

Pattern Sizing:
Burda sizes 36-44

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes! Except that I made it shorter, to wear as a top instead of a dress.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
I did not follow the instructions. I sewed the belt first, then the skirt back piece to the top back piece and the front skirt piece to the front top piece. Then the shoulder/sleeve seam and the facing. Finally the front and the back together, paying attention to the angle of the underarm seam.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
It is superquick and easy! And the belt is really flattering.
On the other hand, I find the underarm seam too low: I will raise it a bit next time I sew it. The V neckline was too deep, so I had to stitch it close a little once it was finished.

Fabric Used:
Cotton, a soft and lightweight cotton.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
FBA, as usual. I made it shorter to wear as a top. Topstitched the belt and the neckband(I love topstitching!!! I use my blind hem foot to topstitch).

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I will sew it again!!! I am going to make it with the dress length and I will make the version 110 as well.

Conclusion: 
This pattern is really easy and quick to make and the final garnment is soooo comfortable!

A picture of the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment